Monday, September 26, 2011

YIPPEE! Got an email from the editor yesterday. It only took me a half hour and about a gallon of sweat to open it. She's only about 50 pages in to it and she did not hate it. Many complementary things to say. (Here's where I'm doin' a little ole dance around the room. Back is much better by the way.). There are also many things she wants me to rewrite.

I'm in the middle of the self-edit on Book II. Told her I would take a little time to think about her suggestions and reread Book I. Yeah, well. Apparently Book I and my characters like her better than me. I was wide awake at 3:30AM doing the rewrites in my head. Are you kidding me?

I'm still insisting on finished the self-edit of Book II before I start. I get too confused about where I'm at and what we are doing. That is of course, unless they wake me up again tonight or tomorrow morning. Talk about the voices in your head.

No matter what they say: Thinking is still optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment