Tuesday, May 25, 2010

When you are on a certain track and things just keep getting in your way you know one of two things; either you are right on with what you are doing and going in the exact right direction or you are completely off course. The trick is to know the difference! Well I have no doubt that we are on the right track and doing what we are supposed to be doing. I have to say with complete confidence that; "I know what I know, and I can't turn aside from it". We have had so much support from so many of you and then we have had a lot of opposition from some of the people who are most important to us.

Yesterday was a particularly hard day. Rick's father passed away. Although we were as prepared as we could be for this, it still hurts. I really felt bad that he could not be there, but he knew that it would be this way and he accepted that. The family isn't planning a funeral or any memorial service right now, so we are not traveling to PA. For us that is probably best, but there really won't be closure until that happens (probably later on in the summer).

Our son-in-law, who really doesn't understand or support this move, has become very agitated about keeping our horses for us and now with everything else we have to do we feel the need to move the horses. Thank goodness for really good friends who do understand and support us and will take them and trust that all will work out. Now we have one more move to make, to get the horses settled.

It seems as if we take three steps forward and two back. I do feel as though we are making progress but it is so slow. Both Rick and I are anxious to be on our way to St Croix and done with the stuff here. Not to mention the fact that some nice warm weather would be appreciated, it snowed here in Ririe, ID yesterday. I hope I can remember this when it's hot and humid and that I won't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment