Saturday, November 5, 2011

a Day Late and A Dollar Short ~ Just more of the usual!

Ok, I'm a day late and a dollar short with my Friday post. Nobody is too surprised, are they? I did mention to y'all about NaNoWriMo, right? Well I am driven, consumed, obsessed and having a really good time. 


The story is one inspired by an experience I had in an old house we lived in on a Colorado ranch. This place had it's own ghost. Yes,I did see him. When I questioned the family history about the place,I found out who he was. I'll tell you that story in December when I finish NaNoWriMo. I don't want to taint the novel I'm writing by getting into the real story. Does that make sense?


Anyway, as I write this story everything is so vivid,I can see these places, because I actually know then. I'm having a great time, if not making myself a little homesick. The truth of the matter is that whenever I get homesick, it's for that ranch and that little (what used to be little) ski town in Colorado. The incredibly sad part of this is that what I'm homesick for doesn't even exist anymore.  Most of our friends have left, it's now a big mega dollar ski resort, and the ranch we lived on has been bought and sold several times by rich investors, who by the way have been rumored to never be able to stay in the old homestead house where we used to live. This ghost has got to like you or you are outta there real quick.


Enough of a stroll down memory lane. I'm having a really good time with this story.I'm enjoying NaNoWriMo even though it is kind of grueling. There is so much support and encouragement on the 'net' from other writers,that it makes you feel like you are part of a real community. For old 'loner' me that's an accomplishment in and of itself. 


Hang in there with me. These posts might be short and far and few between, but know that I'm writing. I may even post some excerpts to see what you think. When that happens they will be on http://www.farawayeyes1.blogspot.com I post there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so check it out and see if a bit of 'The Ghost's Story' goes up. It will probably be a week or two before that happens.


Well guys, it's the weekend. Go out have some fun. Spend at least a few minutes of your weekend where 'thinking is optional'.

No comments:

Post a Comment