Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I didn't post yesterday because I was too distracted with everything. Mondays seem to be like that, I start out with a mental list of everything I want to do and I don't get any of it done. Maybe I need to have a written list, that I make out on Sunday night and just stick to it. Anyway.....

Yesterday, about 9:30AM my husband called and asked if I had been on the computer yet, answer; NO. Had I turned on the TV, answer; are you kidding me? so he says, get on the computer and turn on the TV, the US finally got Bin Laden. OK, I'm somewhat obedient, so I did both. The TV was awful, mostly revisiting with survivors of the victims of 9/11, maybe some closure but also a whole lot of heartbreak all over again. the Internet was similar bu a lot more of the "news". I'm reading all of this stuff and thinking, well it sure seems sad that so many people are so jubilant about a persons death, but then again this was one pretty sick dude. I'm reading along and wondering when we're going to get to the gory pictures of his bullet riddled body when I come to the big ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They buried him at sea, within about twenty-four hours of this whole thing happening.

Now I ask you,just for the sake of argument, if say I and a few of my friends were independent commandos, and we traveled to Pakistan undetected and happened to pull of the same sort of raid and the same sort of "burial at sea" and we came back to the US Government and said; "hey, we just took out the baddest due around and want some sort of reward", don't you think they would want something more than our word. Burial at sea? I can't get over it. I mean I frankly would still be skeptical but would have expected some sort of fire storm that took the whole building up in flames and he was identified from dental records or something like that but "burial at sea"???

Now most of you know me pretty well, and I can just hear you thinking; there she goes again, but I am not alone.

This morning’s headline that Osama bin Laden was killed in a firefight in Pakistan and quickly buried at sea. We must take it as more evidence that the US government has unlimited belief in the gullibility of Americans.

That was a post on my Facebook page by a friend in Ireland. Are you sure? Are you really confident that this happened and they don't want to offer up any proof other than their word? I'm having a hard time with it. I have to admit that I want it to be true. I want this not to be just one more lie, but please give me something more to go on.

One last thing; today on the Internet I saw and article that said we could expect one more broadcast from OBL. Apparently they have intelligence that he recently made a tape to be aired in the event of his death. The article I read was suggesting that it should not be aired because it could either (1) make him seem more of a martyr or (2) fuel the thought that he is not dead. One more time; ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment