Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hey,hey,hey. Two days in a row. finally had a nice relaxing day. We didn't get out of bed until almost nine o'clock. For two people who have the alarm set for 5:30AM each morning, this was pretty good. We really didn't do much. A little work on the edit. Rick did some minor car maintenance. Couple hours at the pool. Rick even took a nap while I read. It felt wonderful.

Got a pleasant call from a friend in Idaho last night. She and her husband were on their way home from the Rexburg Idaho Temple where they had just been Sealed for Time and all Eternity. About eighteen months ago I spoke at this woman's baptism. I wish I could have been there with her in the Temple, but I was so pleased that she thought to call and let us know just how happy they were.

Tomorrow I have the honor to speak at the baptism of a young woman here on St. Croix who has faithfully been attending church and our Young Woman activities for almost a year now. She made the decision to be baptized and the Mission sent to young Sister Missionaries over from Puerto Rico to teach her. Nikki is a special Young Woman and I hope one day to be able to stand in the Temple with her and see her sealed (married) to her Eternal companion. Knowing us, we'll behalf way around the world somewhere when that time comes, but maybe she will remember me and call the way my good friend Birgit did yesterday. (Elder and Sister Babcock this part of the post in particularly for you!)

You know your Cruzan when it's 79 degrees out and you are freezing. Seriously, I have acclimated so well that today when I got out of the pool and walked back home, I was shivering. Don't think I'm cut out for cold climates anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning us Barb....you and Rick have always been important in our lives. We are going to try to visit you next year...we so much want to check out where you live!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We are very happy for the news.

    ReplyDelete