Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ah, Sunday. Because church can be pretty stressful around here, Sunday isn't as relaxing as it should be, but it is still a day of rest. I taught Youth Sunday School today(not my regular calling, but I substitute for the Sister who normally teaches when she has drill - she's in the National Guard) and those kids always refresh my soul. I hope they are learning as much as I am.

The kids were using my scriptures and one of my "cards" from my Godson's funereal fell out. They wanted to know who that was and the whole story. I was able to tell them about Michael without breaking down. They were genuinely sympathetic,it felt good. The Sunday before the anniversary of his death is always a hard day for me. As long as I live, I will never forget that call from his mother on that Sunday morning telling me that he was killed. One of the top ten horrible days in my life.

I probably haven't told Rachel in a long time, how grateful I am to this day for her going to Chicago with me for that funereal. Especially for her financial help with that whole ordeal. I love you Boo Boo. I am grateful for you in so many ways. This is only one.

We watched"Rio" this afternoon. I bought it the other day. I love that movie. This is the second time we have seen it and now Rick is on his "let's go to Rio"kick again. I would love to. You produce the $$$ and I'm there.

In truth, I have been thinking that I need to get off this island for a few days. I love it here, but everybody needs a little get away. I would love to go to the Dominican Republic. Santo Domingo in particular, so we could go to the Temple, but I may have to settle for Tortolla in the BVI, if I want to go sometime soon. The DR is on our radar for sure, primarily for a Temple trip, but I would also love to see that country. They have 10,000ft mountains. And since they start at sea level, those are real 10,000 footers (unlike in Colorado or Idaho, where the base is 5 or 6,000ft). Anyway...I think we can get to Tortola for cheap. Good thing Rick finally got a passport.

That's it, that's what I think.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a little get away time is a good idea for you for now. I know how it is...just a change of scene can do wonders. Enjoy and move on knowing that you will see Michael again and catch up on all the news.

    Lille

    ReplyDelete