Thursday, August 18, 2011

Book II is flowing. It is amazing how good it feels to be writing again instead of editing. I know the editing is important,but it was grueling. I am wondering, if maybe Book II is coming so easily because of all that editing. I mean I know Book I so well, that the rest of the story is just streaming right into my head and out onto the screen. Interesting concept.

Next challenge is to get to Greece. A large part of this book takes place on the island of Ios. If I can just get there for a week or ten days, I know I can write it so much better. Working hard on this one. Rick keeps directing me to Google Earth. It's just not the same.

Spoke with Rachel yesterday and I feel so bad for Macy, she is having a hard time adjusting to the whole school thing. This is the kid who is so"social" and excited to learn new things that I mistakenly thought she would have absolutely no problems. I can sympathize though, I hate it when somebody else sets my pace. I know I march to the beat of a different drummer. I can hear him, why can't you?

I'm sure it will come together for her somewhere along the line. I just feel bad that it has to. Conformity never has been my thing. Rachel did enroll Macy in a Charter Montessori School. That had me hopeful. I thought they were a lot more "free form" that the normal school systems. Maybe that's the problem. Whatever...My heart breaks for her. I want so badly, for every experience to be a good one.

Heading back to my world where thinking is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment