Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last post said "I'm back". wow, that was short lived. What happened to this week, it's Friday already. Make that Thursday. OK, it's not as bad as I thought. I think your getting the picture of what's going on with me. I'm losing it.

Good news of today. The company Rick works for got the bid for phase two of the project they are working on at the National Guard Armory. Hopefully, this means two more years of work. Yes.....

Rick has settled into this job and likes it well enough and hey, in this economy; It's a job. Things are looking up.

Still editing the book and going just a little bit more insane with that project. On one hand, it's hard to let go and on the other I'm ready to move onto book two. The new ideas for the second book keep coming at me and it's hard to concentrate on working the kinks out of book one.

Auxiliary Presidency Meeting this morning. I don't even have the words. I know I need to be there and to keep plugging along, but it is a frustrating experience. We aren't even taking baby steps, it's more like the slime trail from a snail.

We have a special Fireside tomorrow night. The Mission President and a counsellor in the Area Presidency will be here to talk to us. I'm sure it will be wonderful. I could use some Spiritual Nourishment.

We went to see Cowboys and Aliens last night. It was interesting. In my opinion, Daniel Craig makes a better cowboy than James Bond. Harrison Ford, is well, Harrison Ford. Interesting premise and it was fun, but then I always did love a good western. I have to admit there were a few too many things jumping out at you (that really scares the snot out of me) for my taste.

The other night we rented The Adjustment Bureau. Now that was an interesting movie. It's based on a Sci-Fi Short Story. Some incredible insights about "Free Will" and knowing when it's important to follow "The Plan". It made me feel like,maybe I'm not crazy after all. I love movies that make your think. Well, most times, sometimes, I just want to be entertained, thinking being optional.

There you have it my exciting life, where thinking is always optional.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I like that last part....good grief I haven't read your blog since.....July 1!!! I can't believe how fast time is moving right now....I am doing to much, not enough stop and smell the roses time.

    ReplyDelete