Monday, November 15, 2010

What a beautiful day, finally. The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing and I got a lot done. Even had time for a swim in the pool (actually bobbing around after working out). Rick had a job interview tonight, for a job he seems to be excited about, I'm not so sure, but I'm not going to get too worked up until they offer the position to him.

Talked to Rachel this evening, after her doctor's appointment. She is going in next Monday morning at 7:30AM to have her baby, unless something happens before then. Hopefully she can hang on until then. I am disappointed that I won't be able to meet my new granddaughter until she is a week and a day old. I knew this was a possibility when I made my reservations. Rick was kind enough to offer to try to change my reservations, because he knows how much I want to be there, but I really don't want to leave him alone for Thanksgiving and when I first started looking at flying to Idaho, I was saving almost $300 by flying the Tuesday after the holiday as opposed to the week of, so I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap. I know Rachel will be fine without me there and the new baby really won't know the difference. It's the down side to living so far away.

Well I am going to look at the glass half full and get excited about the fact that two week from tomorrow night I'll be there with Miss Macy and my knew granddaughter. Now I really had better get with it in planning and getting everything ready. Also, have to finish up my creative writing class. The final exam becomes available on Nov. 26th, so I have four days to study up and take it and post my final paper. I really want to get that done before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment