Friday, October 7, 2011

Had another one of those days yesterday when I did something that I didn't want to do and viola! There was a reason. I let myself be in the place I was supposed to be and I saw a miracle. Do you think that will be enough to keep me doing the things that I should even when I don't want to. I hope so. One might think; 'hey, how many times do you have to be hit over the head with a 2 x 4." Just once more. Maybe.

What keeps us from being absolutely everything we could be. Is it simply rebellion, stubbornness, pride (ouch) or something else. I have been here before,and I manage to slip back because of...well, because of all of the above. I want to be all that I can be. I am most assuredly not afraid to step out into the dark. Maybe it's the light that scares me. I'm not sure. I am grateful for the experience I had last night. I am grateful for the commitment I made. It is going to require a ton of faith and a lot of $$$. Somehow I know it will workout. I have got to stop being afraid of "some things" like $$$ or the lack thereof.

I'll tell you about that particular adventure in November. I promise.

On another note, I want to leave a little review of a book I finished at three AM this morning. "Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. It was WOW. It's a story about magic. Real Magic. The Magic within us all. It's pretty cerebral, no optional thinking, at times even a little hard to follow, but it you let it take you in and take you over it is an incredible experience. That's a good book to me-- An Experience. That's all I'm going to say other than READ IT.

I'm in the slash and burn phase of rewriting Book I. It is painful, but I can see that it is getting better. I hate reworking things. I hate that I'm becoming a perfectionist. I want my story out there. You know in the end all we really have is our stories. Make them good ones.

OK. The End. That is way more thinking than I need for a Friday morning. Back to a place where:

Thinking is Optional.


No comments:

Post a Comment