Monday, December 20, 2010

Rick finally did get here,late Saturday night. The shuttle from Salt Lake was running a little late because the weather had turned ugly. Rachel, Macy and I went out to Rigby to pick him up, of course, he told me the wrong place and neither Rachel or I had taken our cell phones, so he had to get the shuttle driver to bring him over to the place he told us. It was a little bit of a circus, but we got him.

I have now officially been moved down a notch on the Macy scale because she has her Papa. She is so excited that Rick is here, that she wants to show him everything and do everything with him the first day. The three of us did go to church together at the Palisades Ward. It was their Christmas Program and we had a nice time.

I had the realization that I have offended some of my Idaho friends by not being thrilled to be back here. We all have to remember that "one man's ceiling is another man's floor". Rick and I both feel that the seventeen years that we spent in Idaho were wonderful, but we are done here. Other than coming back to see our children and grandchildren and some friends there isn't much here for us. It is time for us to move on. I have to admit it is a special experience for both of us to be able to come back and have that confirmed. There have been other times that we "moved on" and sometimes there would be a little nagging doubt, especially when things weren't easy in the new place, but I hope that this confirmation will get us through the "hard times" because we know it was time to move on and we know that we are where we are supposed to be.

Now it really feels like Christmas and it's a good thing because it's the 20th of December. My shopping is done and all but one or two of my presents are wrapped, we need to start baking and cooking but I'll leave it up to Rachel when we begin that. I'm furiously working of Rozalyn's blanket for the Baby Blessing, which will be on the 26th, trying to finish it up before Christmas, but other than that I'm in pretty good shape. This is the first Christmas in my entire life that I have not been in my own house on Christmas, but you know home is where your heart is and mine is definitely with my family so I guess in a sense I'm home. I thought it would be weird not to be in my own place for the Holidays but it ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment