Thursday, April 14, 2011

Disappointment, what an awful word and and even more terrible feeling. I hate being disappointed but even worse I really hate disappointing someone. This is probably the most significant reason that I really don't want anyone to get the idea that "I'm all that and a bag of chips". I seems that as soon as someone thinks that about anyone else, they are ripe for disappointment. Ever wonder why?

My best guess is that nobody is "all that and a bag of chips", at least, to the fullest sense. I think that we all have certain attributes or talents, if you will, that allow us to excel in certain areas but then unfortunately we are left lacking somewhere else. Of course, the good news is that others excel in the area that we don't, so we are actually made to compliment each other. Personally, I think that is a nice way to think of life.

Now it's our job to go out and surround ourselves with those who compliment us, as in pick up our slack in the areas where we are weak (not as in those who will gush over us with "compliments"). I know that there is always something I can learn for everyone I come in contact with, no matter how far advanced they might be or how far advanced I might seem to them. I like that this is what makes us interdependent. I really like the idea of being interdependent. I'm a pretty ornery old cuss about my independence but I do recognize that I need others for quite a lot. So the idea of being interdependent as in, I depend on someone for something and they depend on someone else, maybe even me for something else, as opposed to the idea of simply being dependent on others.

We all make the world go round together. That's an important concept, at least to me. Each and every person is as important as the next and we really should value them that way. Just think what life would be like if everyone truly valued each other. Boggles the mind.

Interesting tome that this is not at all what I had intended to blog. Oh well, I must have needed to hear it.

1 comment: