Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I tried and tried everything I knew and everything anyone told me, to fix the keyboard problem on my laptop for free. I spent most of yesterday downloading all of the recommended updates for everything and anything on the computer. I had been told that others had a keyboard problem and it fixed itself after they updated their software. Not me. Rick had called HP support a few days ago and they, of course, said that we needed a new keyboard, but I wasn't convinced that some guy in Calcutta could know that my keyboard had gone belly up. Well this morning I gave in and 1 trip to Cost-U-Less, $29.99 and a new Wireless keyboard and Wireless mouse, and I'm back in business.

The first day without my computer, I was in an absolute panic, now four days later, I don't know what I want to write. I did find that I did not like feeling so forlorn without my Internet connection and felt like I needed to "break the habit". That's the Internet habit, I can't seem to stop writing. Just a "word junkie" at heart.

I did spend more time the last two days with people. That was not necessarily an offshoot of the computer being broken, it was more like some things that I had to do. I found that I had a good time, It was fun to actually talk to and listen to someone and it was good to get out of the house (other than my trips to the pool) and interact.

Spent time today at church with the kids having an early Easter Egg Hunt. We colored them, decorated them and then some of the older kids hid them and the younger ones searched them out. It was fun. I particularly enjoyed watching and listening. It's good exercise at being more human.

Now I'm feeling very human and very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment