Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another one of those days that was starting out to be a pain in the neck and turned completely around and was a truly pleasant experience. Met with some folks that we really didn't know too well and were pleasantly surprised at their concern and caring for others, not to mention their genuine honesty and integrity. It is amazing what we don't know about people and can't tell without spending some time with them. This experience makes me want to slow down and spend more time sincerely getting to know people around me and to surround myself with good folk.

I was thinking today about what I am doing here; here on St. Croix, here on the planet, here at this particular point in time. A few months ago I was asked exactly why I thought I was here on St. Croix and I clearly knew the answer; "I am here preparing for exaltation", after all isn't that what this life is all about, preparation for the next. Since the next life lasts for all eternity and this life is only a speck in the grand scheme of things we had better pay attention. This life is no time for wasting time and constantly being distracted, it is not time for dilly dallying around meaninglessly, we need to be about the important things. What are those important things? I believe they are relationships. First our relationship with God, our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, second our relationship with our Family, third our relationship with our fellowmen, especially those we have some stewardship over and finally our relationship with ourselves. You have got to start with the man in the mirror each day, so you had better learn to love him.

When I look into the eyes of my sweet little granddaughters I know that God lives and that he loves us. When I think of all the choice people he has sent into my life, I know that he wants me to have meaningful relationships from which I can learn and hopefully teach. When I am reminded of the people whom I have had some stewardship over through out my life I know that I have been granted exceptional opportunities.

Earlier this evening on FaceBook I saw a picture posted by my late Godson's brother of himself and his two brothers, taken at his father's retirement party and I was reminded how much I love and miss Michael, but almost immediately I also had the Spirit bear witness to me that Michael's life was not lived in vain and that in his own way he was also preparing for Exaltation and all Eternity. I also knew in that instant that Michael lives today in that next life, where he is continuing to learn and prepare for Eternity. It truly was a sweet experience to know that without a doubt and to have it witnessed to me without even asking. Sometimes the veil is so thin that we can almost see into the next life and know that our loved ones are there.

I wish for all of my friends and especially my family to know of the truthfulness of these things and I do know that they can have that same witness for themselves, if they will just pray and ask. I wish for them to have the comfort of the Holy Ghost in their lives that will encourage and help them to prepare for exaltation, where we can all return to live with God our Heavenly Father and each other. I know with every fiber of my being that this is true and I pray that they(my Family and friends) can all know it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment