Saturday, January 1, 2011


It's 1-1-11, I get a kick out of writing that. What a perfect first of of any year we have had today. We slept late, I didn't get out of bed until almost 10am, of course I was up earlier (but not by much) but I got back in bed with a book. Rick made pancakes for breakfast, then we got ready and went to the beach. He took my to the beach at Shoys, it's close to home and was a really nice little beach, he had been there with the youth from church while I was away and was excited to show it to me. We had a pleasant bob in the ocean and a nice soak in the sun, a great new New Year's tradition. Came home so Rick could see the end of the Penn State Football game and I visited with a friend on the phone while making the traditional Pork and
Sauerkraut New Year's dinner, It was yummy. We had marinated Pork Tenderloin, with Cherry Compote, Scalloped Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Red Cabbage Kraut, with Garlic Bread. The Key Lime Pie is yet to come, need to make a little room for that.

As promised I'm going to post a few pictures from the trip to Idaho. I never get this right so you can figure it out for yourself, but you will see a Picture of Macy with Santa, Papa with Roxalyn, the Thorp's beautiful tree with Macy doing her Vanna White, the girls in their matching Christmas Jammies, Macy comtemplating the Stockings and ripping open a few presents. Enjoy, we sure did. Okay, so I'm not that good, but here's the picture of Macy with Santa, will try the others in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment