Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rain, rain go away! It has rained on and off (mostly on) since very early this morning. We have flash flood warnings and it's really cool and soggy. I couldn't make my workout in the pool today and that makes me grumpy. We have one "Tropical Wave" just about past us, but there is another in the western Atlantic on it's way into the Caribbean. Looks like we're gonna get a lot more soggy before this is over. Keep praying that they don't turn into anything more than the soggy mess they are now, we don't need no more Hurricanes.

Did spend the day doing paperwork, paying bills and looking into online degrees. I am seriously thinking about going back to college, again. Maybe the third time will be the charm. If Rick can land another job paying as well as this one, we really don't need me to work, but I need something stimulating to do. There is a lot of work to be done here in the Church, but that seems to be a slow process, therefore there is only so much you can do. Rick is encouraging me to consider school (he really doesn't want me to work outside the home) and I'm starting to think maybe it's time. So.....I spent the day exploring online options. I need and want to be able to go at my own pace and with some online Universities that is not an option (at least not an option that they encourage) and some of them are really expensive (another reason to go at my own pace and pay as I go) so far those are the two factors narrowing the field. Not surprisingly the best option so far seems to be BYU. I sent an inquiry to them today, so we'll see what happens. It's kind of exciting and scary to think about, all at the same time.

Started reading the New Testament recently. I decided to read it like I have the Book of Mormon recently, that's to say to read it like a novel(not just a chapter at a time). It is amazing how the stories come together when you are reading 5, 10 15 or 20 pages consecutively. It's amazing how visual it is to. Of course, all of these components have always been there, it's just becoming obvious to me. I'm still in the Gospels (Luke to be precise) and it is exciting to hear the Savior speak from the pages, it make it so real. I'll write more, I'm sure, as I go along and definitely when I finish. I do find that it helps to pray before I begin, each day (imagine that).

Keep praying for Rachel and her unborn baby, Mavis (not her real name, just the one I have made up so I have something to call her). This gestational diabetes has really thrown me for a loop. All I want is for both of them to be OK and to come through this unscathed. Prayer helps, I know, and for now it helps be to remain calm and know that Heavenly Father will watch over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment