Thursday, October 21, 2010

Working on my writing assignments for my Creative Writing Course, it's actually kind of fun. Can't wait for the next assignment.

Check Spelling
Talked with my friend Karen on the phone several times today. Her grandson has been hospitalized with what was first suspected to be pneumonia,now the doctors are not so sure. The poor little guy is only 5 years old, in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and currently on a ventilator. How scary this is for everyone. It has really made me thankful for the good health of my grandchildren, it would be so hard to be so far away from them in a serious situation such as this. I really feel for Karen, she is so worried about her grandson, and her daughter and her two other granddaughters.

We all take so much for granted,like our good health and the good health of those we love. It is so important to safeguard your health, and be vigilant in safeguarding the health of our children and grandchildren. I believe strongly in preventative care, it is so much easier to keep the body healthy than to try to restore good health. It is especially important to give children a good start on having a healthy body. We need to teach them good eating habits, so they don't have anything to correct later on in life. We need to teach them the importance of not putting harmful substances into their bodies so they can be strong both physically, mentally and spiritually. We need to do everything we can to protect them in every way. We see their resilience and something think that they can bounce back from anything, it's not always the case and why would we want them to have to "bounce back" from anything, if we could prevent it.

I had a conversation with my daughter, when she was here visiting about her daughter and how trusting and friendly she is. Rachel was saying that she fears that she would go with a stranger very easily and she wasn't sure what to do about that. A friend of hers told her that she should start to warn her daughter and scare her if necessary, Rachel felt that she really didn't want to do that, but I hope she has.
Things can happen so quickly and if the best way that you can prepare a child to be safe is to scare them,
I think you should do it. Some healthy fear of things that could be bad for us is NOT a bad thing.

I pray daily that my grandchildren can be happy,healthy and safe. Maybe we all need to pray daily for this for all the children of the world. Tonight along with my grandchildren, little Trevor Glass will be in my prayers, as will Oakley Gallup. Too many children with serious health issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment