Friday, August 20, 2010




Can you say crab races? We took Macy to the crab races on Monday night in downtown Christiansted and my crab "Moses" won us a dinner at the Caribbean BBQ at the Divi resort. It was great, because Rachel and Don wanted to go, but we couldn't really afford it, so winning it made it possible for all of us to go. The dinner and show(Mocko Jumbies) was fun, made even better by the fact that it was free.

So....we went to the crab races again tonight, nobody won, but we had a good time. The pictures above are of Macy, at the races, of course, and the other two are the crabs themselves. They are Hermit Crabs, pretty small, for the most part and they scare easily, so you have to be real still, any quick movements and they stop and pull into their shells. they have great prizes and a treasure chest of toys, so that at the end all of the kids get a prize.

Went to the beach on Protestant Cay(pronounced key) today. It's called Protestant Cay, because years ago, Protestants weren't allowed to bury their dead on St. Croix, so they buried them on the Cay. Anyway... it was fun, but not the greatest beach, so far Cane Bay and Sunset Beach in Fredricksted are the top two, the beach at the Divi Resort is probably number three. We have been having a great time visiting all the different beaches but I am absolutely pickled after spending so much time in the ocean. Maybe this weekend we will stick to the pool for a day or two. Don flies home tomorrow but the girls get to stay another week.

Finished reading the Book of Mormon today. I really love Moroni, every time I read Moroni 10:4 I remember how I felt the very first time I read this passage. Very important to my personal conversion. I'm not sure where I will go next, probably just keep on and read the Doctrine and Covenants, I'm always a little sad when I finish the Book of Mormon. Don't know why, I could just read it again.

This week with the kids here has been interesting. It does make me grateful for family but also grateful for my new life here on St. Croix. I'm not sure how to explain that, but I have to admit that every day I wake up and look out the patio doors and see the Caribbean and think just how grateful I am to be here. I do wish my family could be closer and I do wish they could experience what I am experiencing. It's hard to put into words. I keep praying that any of you who read this will have the courage to live your lives out loud. I'll keep praying for you, keep praying for me, keep praying in gratitude, oh and pray for our world too.


No comments:

Post a Comment