Tuesday, August 24, 2010




Yesterday we spent the day at home, we did spend about 5 or 6 hours at the pool but it was nice not to have to go anywhere. I kept coming back to the condo and switching laundry. It's amazing how much more there was with 2 extra people. With just Rick and I, I do a maximum of 3 loads a week but with Rachel and Macy here and the extra towels left from don it was more like 6 or 7. Anyway, it's all done.

Today we were supposed to get paid, can you believe it. the woman who does the payroll for one of these alphabet soup organizations(who is writing our check) was in Hawaii for a week and came home sick and hasn't been back to work yet and apparently no one else can do the payroll. Another "just shoot me" moment. Hopefully, tomorrow, we will have our first paycheck. It is interesting.
\
Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to have to turn our car(the Honda in the states) back to the bank. The guy we left it with to sell on his lot, took a month to even get it out on the lot for sale, and because there isn't a lot of commission attached to it, I don't think any of his salesmen are really pushing it. Also, because of our pay off, it is only a few thousand dollars under the "blue book" value so not such a "good deal". I hate to have to do this, but we would rather turn it back than to have the bank come looking for it and have it as a repossession. Either way, it will do wonders for our credit rating. Well, that's just one of those things that I can't worry about. Both Rick and I feel bad about the fact that it seems dishonorable to go back on that car loan, but we are out of options.

We went to a new beach today. This one has a small inshore reef, that you can easily get beyond and the snorkeling was real good. We were out in the surf and really be battered around, for some reason that made me feel a little panicky. I wanted to go in and wanted Rick to go with me, when Rachel found some cool coral formations, so I took a few deep breaths and went out to where she and Macy were to look at the coral, it was cool and I'm glad I stuck it out. On the way back I did see some "blues" and a parrot fish, so that also made it worth it. I really want to get better at snorkeling and not get into a panic situation again. Not sure if it was the surf or what, will need to work on that.

Spent a quiet evening at home, watched "Alice in Wonderland" and played some Bananagram(just like speed Scrabble). It was nice. Rachel was telling Macy that they only have three more days here. The first week of their visit was pleasant and really didn't seem to fly by, but this week sure has. I think they would both like to stay longer and we wouldn't mind having them, but such is life that they do need to get back.

Rick and I need to get back into a routine, it will be different now that he is working, but a routine is good all the same. We were doing so good with our daily scripture reading and between, the job and company that has been a challenge. It's amazing how much better I feel about everything when we spend that type of time together. I do need to keep praying for patience and perseverance in all things.

Going to post a few pictures. One if of the St Croix ground lizard or Green Iguana. This guy was about 3 feet long. I think they are harmless but still I don't want to run into one in a dark alley. The others are at the Tamarind Resort Beach(where we snorkeled today).

No comments:

Post a Comment