Friday, August 13, 2010

Yesterday was a mostly boring day. We did go to Scripture Study Class at the Meeting House. They are studying the Book of Mormon and it is helpful to read together and get other peoples insight on what we have read . Not many there today, some came late, apparently there is road construction going on at the center of the island that is slowing everyone down.

Rick is working but mostly from home and he is antsy to really get started. Today, Friday, they had their pre-construction meeting at the site. Apparently the plans aren't very good and they will be designing as they go. Probably more work for Rick but I don't think he minds. All these months of basically being idle are starting to get to him. He is anxious to work. I am anxious for him to work and our bank account is really anxious for him to work. We won't see a paycheck until about 24 Aug, but I think we can make it. It would have been nice to have some extra $$$ while the kids are here, but that does not seem to be the way our life is going to go. Oh well we will be alright, the beach and the pool are free.

Speaking of the kids, we are anxious for them to get here. Their plane is supposed to land about 8:30pm tonight. Rachel said she would call before they left this morning, I suggested they call before they left Dallas, because at the next stop, San Juan, PR their cell phones get expensive, but we haven't heard. KIDS! I really can't wait to see my little girlfriend Macy. In her whole life, this is the longest I have gone without seeing her.

Not sorry that we are here on St. Croix, but being so far away, really makes family seem so much more important. I am so grateful to be sealed to my husband and daughters for time an all eternity. I do so wish that Rachel could have that for her family too. I know she really doesn't know what she is missing and how important it is. I have worried for some time about Macy not being sealed to anyone, but it has been explained to me that she would be sealed to us through her mother as a connecting link. Hopefully if her parents don't get their act together she will be sealed to her spouse one day and continue that link into eternity. The same goes for her little sister who isn't here yet. I wish everyone could have the comfort of knowing that they are sealed to their loved ones for time and all eternity and the sure knowledge that they can be together with their families after death. It certainly doesn't minimize the pain of losing a loved one, but it is easier for me knowing that I can see my parents again. The blessing of the Temple are real.

I need to keep praying that my daughters will both realize how important Temple worship is and get themselves there and get there often. I hope they will realize how important it is to instill a love of the Temple in their children. I hope my grandchildren will stay strong and continue on, raising righteous families. I will remember to remember this in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment