Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Ok, I'm becoming the Queen of "just shoot me" moments. It is seriously ceasing to be funny. On Monday we wrote a check from one of our stateside bank accounts to our St. Croix account to cover some expenses. Today I looked at that stateside account online and found that the check I had transferred in St Croix had not cleared and I only had $1.24 in the account. Needless, to say the check I transferred was for more than $1.24. I went over and over the account and all of the online information and could not find the error, but had to get some money into the account quick. I called the Bank in the states and they were very helpful, transferred some money out of one of my accounts to cover this check until we can figure out where the error is. That taken care of.......

Today, August 25th is Rick's and my 31st Wedding Anniversary, he wanted to go out to dinner, somewhere nice, so we went and when it came time to pay we did not have the debit card from our account, of course, the restaurant did not want to take checks. I could not believe it, what is it with money lately. Anyway... Rachel was with us and she was in the bathroom during all of this, when she came back to the table and saw us with our "deer in the headlights" look, she asked what the problem was. When I told her I could not find my debit card, she remembered that I had put it in my camera case when we were out. Fortunately, I had my camera in my purse, and sure enough there it was. I was relieved but still wanted to scream

Now for the final "money matter", we have still not been paid. The only person who can write payroll checks for the USDA came back from Hawaii on Sunday, she was taking her daughter to college and apparently in sick(rumor has it that she is depressed about taking her daughter soooo far away to school) are you serious! The real kick is apparently she is the only person who can do the payroll and her supervisor told Rick he will just have to wait until she comes back. If this wasn't me, it might be hysterical. Actually I am just about hysterical and not in the ha ha hysterical way. Took a few deep breaths and decided there is absolutely nothing I can do about this, so I am not going to worry about it. Is this part of that "not my job mom" syndrome. If I wasn't living this, I'm not sure I would believe it.

Had a nice morning at the pool with Rachel and Macy. We were all going to go to the beach in the afternoon and then we had all of these $$$ crisis, so I opted to stay home and get on the phone and try to straighten everything out. Got it taken care of, the three caballeros went snorkeling and saw a sea turtle, just my luck, but I'm glad they had a good time.

Although there have been these little glitches through out the last few days, I have to say that I feel my Heavenly Father looking out for me and mine in that we have been able to resolve everything pretty easily and quickly. Maybe this is just a test to see how we will handle these situations, I sure do hope we are getting a passing grade. I WILL keep praying for strength to persevere and have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment