Friday, September 24, 2010

Beautiful day, like I said yesterday it feels like Fall. Wow, I thought I liked Fall before the Caribbean, but here it is extraordinary!

Spent most of the day working on various projects on the computer, arkhhhh, "just shoot me", I like this even less than grocery shopping, which by the way, I should have done today. Oh well the computer projects are completed and I shouldn't have to do that for quite a while. Did get my workout in, in the pool, of course, and that always makes the day go better.

Tonight Rick took me out to dinner. I now have a new favorite restaurant. Favorite in the world. Duggan's Reef. It's just down the road from where we live, a cool outdoor place build right on the beach and it even has a deck that goes out over the water. Can you say, Conch Chowder, Lobster Fritters, Lobster AuGratin and Key Lime Pie? Ahhhhhh! It was wonderful, and I have half my Lobster AuGratin for dinner for tomorrow. We split the Chowder, Fritters and Pie but I'm still stuffed. After dinner we went out on the deck and looked at the full moon shining out on the Caribbean Sea and I thought, 'I can't believe I actually live here'. What a night! This place is a bit pricey, so it won't be a weekly thing or anything like that, but we will go back.

Got some news yesterday that one of my younger cousins was undergoing triple bypass heart surgery. I keep wondering how we got this old. His sister sent out a wonderful message on Facebook telling us what was going on and asking for our prayers. It really made me feel good to have the opportunity to pray for my cousin. It made me feel, not so detached from my family (all I really have left are cousins and one aunt). It also made me feel good about Facebook, sometimes I wonder about all this social networking stuff and worry that I spend too much time looking at it and kidding myself that I'm keeping up with friends and family when really so much of it seems more like gossip. Anyway...this renewed my faith that it is more about keeping up and notifying us, no matter where we are on the planet, of someone close to us being in need. By the way, the news on my cousin, Mark, today is that he's sitting up and doing real well, hopefully he will be able to go home soon. Keep praying!

More and more signs, in my life that prayers are answered. Not always in the time frame that we think or want, not always in the exact manner in which we want, but they are answered. I often think of Garth Brooks song "I Thank Good for Unanswered Prayers", it's true, there are times when we think we know what would be best and what we really want, only to have some time go by or for Heavenly Father to send us something else for us to realize how grateful we are for those unanswered prayers, or maybe the better way to put it is, for our prayers to be answered in the way that Heavenly Father knows would be best. I will keep praying and being grateful for the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment