Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yesterday ended up being a pretty productive day after all and today the internet is back. It's a little sad that I am so excited by that, but hey......

Woke up with a sore throat this morning and have had a hard time getting going all day, all I want to do is sleep. I am learning to listen to that and try to take it easy, better to have a lazy day than be sick for two.

Our weather has been and still is beautiful. It's actually cooled off some and not too humid. Watching the Tropical Report, Igor is beginning to turn but not dramatically enough for me, I wish it would make that 90 degree turn that they keep predicting.

Being so intense about the weather has made me think about other things that I can't change and how I really want to handle those things in my life. I believe the real test of our agency(our right to choose) is not so much about the circumstances or things that we choose as it is about how we handle the things, people, circumstances, etc,etc,etc that are sent our way. Lately I have witnessed some people getting really "excited" about things that they really can't change and that are really pretty trivial(at least to me) and I think about how when I was in my 20's and early 30's I used to be sooo like that. I'm not sure what mellowed me, maybe just age, but I really want to handle myself better. I do realize that so many things are trivial or "small stuff" and that there are things to be passionate about but you really have to be careful. I think in the long run we all want to be remembered more for our compassion and kindness that our ability to intimidate or bully others into getting what we want. Just something to ponder, see what happens when I have a lazy day. Best to keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment