Friday, July 9, 2010

Had an interesting realization today, I really love this place. It's different, some days it's downright hot and muggy, getting things done here can be frustrating and there are instances of total confusion but I don't know exactly what it is but each day I like it more and more. I suppose that's a good thing.

Tonight we went to "Jump Up" and local Carnival Like celebration. They do Jump Up 4 times a year here on St. Croix this one was in celebration of Alexander Hamilton Day (I told you, any excuse for a party). Actually Alexander Hamilton was born on Nevis and grew up here on St. Croix. It was really fun, a State Fair like atmosphere, street vendors selling all kinds of food and trinkets, music of all types with live bands, dancers and Mocko Jumbies(stilt dancers). It was great and a lot of fun. I actually did take a few pictures before the battery in camera died, it's charging now, so I'll post those pictures tomorrow.

Another week no job, Everyone is still positive, but no firm offers yet. I guess our faith needs to be tested. Must keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment