Thursday, July 29, 2010

We need a vehicle. There are no ifs ands or buts about it. I suppose it's time for us to do some serious praying(I thought we already were but maybe not sincere enough). It's hard for me to ask Heavenly Father for specific temporal blessings, like a car, but this is serious. We have a job, although for what ever reason, the alphabet soup non-profit that is administering this job along with the Nature Conservancy still has not signed the contract. The engineer assured Rick today, that this will happen we just have to be patient. But the minute they sign, he is ready to go to work but we need to get there. We have a borrowed truck until Monday, so it's serious now.

Today in the Cost U Less parking lot, I had a meltdown and real pity party for myself. I was sweating so badly that when Rick came back to the car he didn't even notice that I was crying. I really don't want to feel sorry for myself ( I know that is just the devil's playground) so I did pull myself together. We had to go the the Babcock's house to pick up some keys, so when we got there, I told Rick I'll just wait in the car you go get the keys. When we came out and called me to come in all I could think was, "leave me just sit here and sweat", but good manners got the best of me and I went. It was just what I needed, some good conversation with some good friends and focusing on the problems of others and not my own. Thank goodness for good manners and a good mother who taught them to me.

Not a bad day by any means, just got me in a weak moment and I was off and running. Did go to a Book of Mormon study group at the church and it was inspiring to hear some of the feelings about the scriptures from the sisters who have such pure and simple testimonies. I do need to get out more often.

Must keep praying. Must pray harder. Must pray for specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment