Monday, July 26, 2010

Sorry, didn't post last night. Sunday's are such nice relaxing days for us. Basically, we go to church and come home and ponder what we learned there and just try hard to recharge our batteries for the week ahead. Naps are essential. Really feeling grateful this particular Sunday, when we think of the week that has passed.

Did have a real interesting lesson on Patience yesterday. I learned some valuable lessons. I want to leave a quote here from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk in the April General Conference: "patience is far more than simply waiting for something to happen - patience requires actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results don't appear instantly or without effort.

There is an important concept here: patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can - working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring, it is enduring well."

I really hope I can remember that. Patience is a quality that I find myself constantly being test with. When I think that I have learned to be more patient, I find that even more patience is required. Yesterday, during the this lesson on patience at church, I made a comment about how hard I found it to have patience as we worked and waited here in St. Croix to find a job. One of the sisters said to me, just so matter of fact like; "well you know that Heavenly Father brought you here, you had to know that a job would be out there." I did know that, but at times I lost sight of it, I because afraid and impatient. In other words at times I did not endure it well.

This has brought me to reflect on things of much greater importance that I must exercise patience in. Things that I have already waited years to see fulfilled. Things that have eternal importance. Maybe in the grand scope of things, I have more patience than I think. I do know that I have to pray harder to keep fear, dread and anxiety far from my thoughts.

Well, it's 7:30 AM here and I'm ready for another week. Hopefully Rick will be able to sign the contract for his job in the next day or two(instead of the next week or two) and hopefully we can buy a car. These two things will help us to move out of waiting and preparing mode into doing mode and we will be able to settle into some sort of routine around here. At times I wish Rick would get to work and not be so "under foot" but faced with the reality of it, I'm not so sure what I will do without him around all the time. Another adjustment.

We're starting to make plans for Rachel, Macy and Don's visit. It's less than three weeks now. Both Rick and I are so excited to show them our new home and all that the island has to offer. Hope the trip down won't be too grueling for them. Don will have the worst of it as he is only staying for a week. Rachel and Macy should have enough time to recover before they have to climb back in a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment